Annette Hetrick is an expert real estate agent in N.E. Wisconsin with exceptional people skills. Her shrewd negotiation and communication skills can help a first time home buyer in Appleton save a considerable amount of money in costs.
First-time home buyer tips
If you are a first-time buyer, you may feel intimidated and lost trying to understand the buying process. Here is some vital advice to help you, if this is your first time buying a home:
- Before you start looking for houses, start saving to put 20% down. Once you have saved enough money for the down payment, explore your mortgage options. Make sure to research the state and federal financing programs for first-time homebuyers.
- Apply for a pre-approval to know your affordability and to earn the seller's trust. This can help you look for houses within your price range. Also, keep a constant check on your credit score, as a good credit score can help you save a considerable amount of money in interest payments.
- Find a skilled real estate agent who has a thorough knowledge of the neighborhood and its real estate climate. A skilled agent will help you find the perfect home within your budget without any compromise on your requirements.
Annette is highly skilled in assessing a home’s overall condition. She can negotiate the price and terms of the contract, based on the house's condition.
Things to avoid before buying a house
Buying a home is a time consuming and tedious process, and as a first time home buyer in Appleton, you always wish you'd known things better beforehand. Here are some tips for first-time homebuyers on what to avoid before buying a house:
- Don’t choose the very first lender that you meet.
- Avoid unnecessary financial burdens at the time of buying a house, plan your finances carefully well in advance.
- Don't get caught up in the superficial appearance of a house. Look beyond the outer appearances to understand its true potential.
Plus, make sure to have the home inspected thoroughly. Talk to the seller if the house involves serious repairs or structural issues. Walk away if your seller is not willing to fix any of the repairs.
How long does it take from start to finish to buy a house?
Knowing the rough timeline to buy a house can help you plan accordingly. Pre-approval can take anywhere from 1-2 days, and house shopping can take anywhere from 3-6 weeks on average.
Once you make an offer on the house, the seller usually has a 48 - 72-hour window to respond. Once the seller accepts your offer, it can take up to six weeks before you could finalize your home loan contract. In the meantime, make arrangements for your homeowners’ insurance policy, which can take at least two weeks to process. Overall, it can take anywhere from 3 - 5 months before you could buy a house.
If you're looking to become a first time home buyer in Appleton, call Annette Hetrick today for guidance. Annette's understanding of the local real estate trends can help you buy the house of your dreams at the best price.First Time Home Buyer Appleton
View Larger Map