What is an SRES®?
A Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) is a REALTOR® who is uniquely qualified to assist seniors in housing sales and purchases. The SRES® designation is awarded only to REALTORS® who have successfully completed a series of educational courses on how to help seniors and their families with later-in-life real estate transactions. They also draw upon the expertise of a network of senior specialists, such as estate planners, CPAs, and eldercare lawyers, and are familiar with local community resources and services. Their mission is to help seniors and their families navigate the maze of financial, legal and emotional issues that accompany the sale of the home.
©2013 Seniors Real Estate Specialist® of the National Association of REALTORS
What qualities and skills do I have that make me different?
- I have knowledge, experience and compassion in dealing with senior issues.
- I work first and foremost with the best interests of the client in mind.
- I can suggest housing alternatives, including ones that may allow the senior to remain in his/her home instead of selling it.
- I have a no-pressure approach to the transaction and a strong service orientation.
- I promise to take the time needed to make a client feel comfortable with the complex selling process.
- I understand the emotional demands a sale can make on a senior, and try to minimize them.
- I tailor the marketing of the home to the needs of the client.
- I can interact easily with all generations, including seniors, adult children and caretakers.
- I am knowledgeable about local senior housing options and elder support services.
- I have a wide network of other senior-focused professionals who can assist in tax counseling, financial and estate planning, and other aspects of the sale and move.
- I have experience in Estate Sales