I became infatuated with doors the first time we visited Ireland. Ireland is filled with colorful and unique doors. I created my tag line “Opening New Doors” because of my love for doors. I think doors can add so much character and personality to a house.
Doors have a purpose for our homes, but also have a deeper meaning. You can open doors to welcome people into your home. You can close doors to keep them out. Doors can represent safety to us, but they can also represent distance or a barrier that needs to be overcome. You can literally lock yourself away from the world or open the door to invite the world in.
I feel that the opening and closing of doors is a great representation of how I help people in my real estate business. Selling and buying a home can be an emotional experience. Feelings of excitement, anxiety, anticipation and fear are all normal reactions during the process. I enjoy helping people work through the emotional roller coaster all while helping them open that new door.
I feel this quote relates to the emotions often felt when buying and selling:
There’s a difference between fear and paralysis. And I’ve learned that I don’t have to “grow up” to be open to opportunity, to be willing to step through doors without being pushed. I just have to be brave. I just have to be slightly braver than I am scared.
Closing a door to the home you have lived in for a long time can be cause a myriad of emotions. A very common one is fear. Seniors, who may not be purchasing another home, but rather moving to a condo or senior housing often feel apprehensive about the new place. Wondering if they will like the neighbors and fearful that they will make a mistake in their choices. But being brave enough to open the new door of less responsibility is often a welcome relieve.
Opening the door to your very first home is very exciting, but also a little scary when you think about how much money you are spending. However, being brave enough to go for it can bring years of joy in the home you create. I love the process of helping people find the door that opens the next chapter of their life. I love to see the excitement and smiles on my clients faces when we take a picture in front of their new home.
Changing where you live is often the “opening of a door” to a new chapter in your life. Sometimes that change comes willingly and sometimes due to circumstances. Whether you are literally opening a new door or figuratively, remember, you only have to be slightly braver than you are scared. After walking through the new door you may find it was exactly what you needed.
Please check out my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/annettehetrickacrerealty to learn about the contest I am having- Explore the Doors!
See below for the all the rules, legal and eligibility stuff!
What is the prize?
*To be eligible, entrants must:
- Like “Annette Hetrick Acre Realty” Facebook Page
- PRIVATE MESSAGE Annette Hetrick Acre Realty with the location of the door.
- Post a photo of yourself in front of the door of the month and check in at: Annette Hetrick Acre Realty on your post https://www.facebook.com/annettehetrickacrerealty DO NOT MENTION/TAG ANY INFO OR THE LOCATION OF THE DOOR IN YOUR POST (LOCATION IS SECRET!!)
- Entries must be completed on or before the 3rd Friday of the month by 10:00PM Central Time.
- Winners will be announced on Annette hetrick Acre Realty facebook page on the Tuesday following the 3rd Friday. Winner will be notified by facebook messenger within 2 days following selection of the winner.
This campaign is not endorsed, sponsored, or administered by Facebook. Facebook holds no responsibility towards participants.
*Terms and conditions apply. For full details, visit our website at https://annettehetrick.com/resources/
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are 18 years of age as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Wisconsin and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Acre Realty, Inc. , its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Annette Hetrick Acre Realty as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Participates are given one week! Entries will be accepted online starting at time of post on 2nd Friday of the month- 10:00 p.m. CST, 3rd Friday of the same month.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by liking the Annette Hetrick Acre Realty Facebook page, tagging and posting a photo of yourself with the door. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Annette Hetrick Acre Realty. One entry per person.
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Annette Hetrick, Acre Realty. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is non transferable. All prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Annette Hetrick Acre Realty to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law..
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- 7. Winner Selection and Notification: One winner will be selected by a random drawing from the correct entries under the supervision of Annette Hetrick Acre Realty. Winners will be announced on Annette hetrick Acre Realty facebook page on the Tuesday following the 3rd Friday. WInner will be notified by facebook messenger within 2 days following selection of the winner. Prizes must be picked up by Winner at: Acre Realty 2215 S. Oneida Street, Appleton, WI 54915 within 30 days of announcement. Annette Hetrick Acre Realty shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize, or as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (ANNETTE HETRICK ACRE REALTY’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Annette Hetrick Acre Realty and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Annette Hetrick Acre Realty 2215 S. Oneida Street, Appleton, WI 54915 by 12/31/2020.
- The Campaign hosted by Annette Hetrick Acre Realty is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.